By default Windows 7, 8 and 10 will make a laptop computer to go sleep when the lid is closed.you can change that setting. Not only can you keep the laptop on when you close the lid, you can also set it to hibernate, shut off, or “Do nothing.”
- Open the Windows start menu, search for ‘Control Panel’ and open it when it appears
- When control Panel Box opens search for power option and click on “Change what closing the lid does”
- Select Do nothing and your laptop will not sleep when you close the lid
If above method doesn’t work re install the video driver:
- Click on the link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
- Enter your system’s Service Tag and select the operating system.
- Go to ‘Video’ and select the appropriate video card driver depending on the video card your system has.
- Click on ‘Download File’.
- Select ‘Single-file download’ and click on ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘Save’ and save the driver on the desktop.
- Right click on the driver from the desktop and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Install the driver following the on screen instructions.
- Restart the system after the installation is done and check if the issue is fixed.
In case the issue is not resolved, update the system BIOS:
Note: Please save any unsaved data as your system will restart automatically after updating the BIOS. Disconnect all the external peripherals like printer, camera, scanner, external hard drive, flash drive etc. Also, the battery should be charged 10% or above.
- Click on the link: http://dell.to/SmwyAf
- Enter your system’s service tag.
- Go to ‘BIOS’ and select the BIOS.
- Click on ‘Download Now’.
- Select ‘Single-file Download’ and click on ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘Run’ and follow the on screen instructions.